|Job type||Test knit|
About the Sweater Construction:
The Blackberry Pie Sweater is worked seamlessly from the top down.
The recommended cast on is the Tubular cast on, and there is a link to a video tutorial for how to do it. The collar is worked in ribbing, then some short rows are worked so the front neck is lowered. Raglan shaping is worked from the neck to the yoke, while the Lattice pattern, ribbing and motif panel are worked simultaneously.
Some of the cables in the motif use two cable needles.
The body and sleeves are divided and worked sepatately. The body and sleeves have diagonal ribbing worked by increasing and decreasing consistently from the underarm to the hem/cuff.
Why I'm Having This Pattern Tested:
• I want this pattern to be as clear as possible, and I hope that you can draw my attention to anything confusing that may have been overlooked during the pattern writing and editing process.
• I think having multiple finished projects on Ravelry, and to share on social media helps raise interest in the design because maybe one of yours will be more appealing to someone than the one I choose to use in my photography. The more the merrier!
• I hope that you'll share about your work in progress with friends, family in person and online to help raise awareness and interest in the design. Word of mouth is one of the most powerful ways to spread something we enjoy.
• I hope that you enjoy working with me and my patterns to create something that brings you joy in the process and as a finished object.
• I think pattern testing is like a private KAL, and I love working directly with a group of people who are actively working on one of my patterns.
About the Testing Process:
• Only the yoke pattern is provided up front. When I see that you're actively participating in the knitting and communicating about the test, then the instructions for the body and sleeves will be provided.
• Please make a post at least once a week in the YarnPond forum with an update on the status of your knitting.
• Please make a Project Page on Ravelry.
• Share, share, share about your project!
|Due date||2022-06-05 This is a flexible deadline!|
|Advertiser||Kristen TenDyke Designs / Caterpillar Knits|
33.5" (85 cm)
: 2 testers needed
36.5" / 92.5 cm : Filled!
39.5" / 100.5 cm : Filled!
42.75" / 108.5 cm : 1 testers needed
48.75" / 124 cm : Filled!
51.75" / 131.5 cm : Filled!
54.75" / 139 cm : 1 testers needed
61" / 155 cm : 1 testers needed
64" / 162.5 cm : 1 testers needed
67" / 170 cm : 1 testers needed
Chest Circumference: 33.5 (36½, 39½, 42¾, 48¾, 51¾, 54¾, 61, 64, 67)" / 85 (92.5, 100.5, 108.5, 124, 131.5, 139, 155, 162.5, 170) cm
Recommended Ease: 0–2" (0–5 cm) of positive ease
|Gauge||21 sts and 26 rnds = 4" / 10 cm in Stockinette Stitch (and k2, p2 ribbing, stretched after blocking) with larger needle; 24 sts and 26 rnds = 4" / 10 cm in Lattice Patt and 48 sts = 6" / 15 cm in Motif Panel. Take time to save time, check your gauge.|
|Charted or written pattern||Both|
• Tubular Cast on (video tutorial link included)
|Construction type||Top Down, seamless pullover|
|Required or recommended yarn||Worsted Weight (CYCA #4 Medium) Sample is made using Malabrigo Rios|
|Yardage||1015 (1145, 1235, 1315, 1435, 1575, 1660, 1765, 1835, 1925) yards / 930 (1045, 1130, 1200, 1310, 1440, 1520, 1615, 1675, 1760) meters.|
|Ownership of the finished item||The finished item is yours to keep.|
|Requirements from the maker||
• Please create a project page, with photos on Ravelry.
If you want to start this sweater now, but are not comfortable with the deadline or testing requirements, you may begin knitting from the same pattern here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/63096944
|Rewards from the designer||
The designer is offering discounted or free pattern(s) to testers
To anyone who completes the testing requirements on time they will be given a coupon code for $10 toward any pattern (yarn, book, magazine…) purchase on my website: kristentendyke.com
The designer has created the following milestones, in order to keep track of progress during the test knit. By marking off each milestone as you complete it, you can easily keep the designer up to date with your progress.2022-04-01: Completed Yoke
2022-05-01: Completed Body
2022-05-01: Completed First Sleeve
2022-05-01: Completed Second Sleeve
Have an account already?
then use the search box to search for 'Blackberry Pie Sweater' and submit your application!
Not a Yarnpond member yet?
Fill in this quick form to sign up for your free account